We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
CCJ help please! Last time!
LauraLou1982
Posts: 134 Forumite
OK, here are the facts, I apologise for constantly asking CCJ questions!
I recieved a CCJ for a credit card, and put in a acknowledgment as I was going to defend.
I have now been advised its unlikely they would have taken it to court if the DCA didnt have the proper paperwork to enforce it.
I find it highly doubtful I will be able to find £1400 to pay it all off, so is it too late to send the paperwork back to Fredericksons as the court papers ask, to put in an offer of payment? The 28 days is up tomorrow, I thought I have longer (date of service was 25th May + the five days) as I read it wrong but turns out its tomorrow.
Any ideas? Totally stuck but need tp do something to sort this out as dont want it going past the deadline!
I recieved a CCJ for a credit card, and put in a acknowledgment as I was going to defend.
I have now been advised its unlikely they would have taken it to court if the DCA didnt have the proper paperwork to enforce it.
I find it highly doubtful I will be able to find £1400 to pay it all off, so is it too late to send the paperwork back to Fredericksons as the court papers ask, to put in an offer of payment? The 28 days is up tomorrow, I thought I have longer (date of service was 25th May + the five days) as I read it wrong but turns out its tomorrow.
Any ideas? Totally stuck but need tp do something to sort this out as dont want it going past the deadline!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards