We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Northern Rock loan info...SAR request?
barbiedoll
Posts: 5,328 Forumite
My OH has a (large) loan with NR which we are currently paying off through a DMP with CCCS. We don't seem to have much paperwork with this loan and the balance seems to be higher than it should. My OH did cancel his PPI on it, but I've just found out that, although he cancelled the policy, it appears that he didn't get a refund of the premiums he had already paid. NR told him this was because he "ticked the box" (after being told that he wouldn't get the loan if he didn't :mad:)
Anyway, he will be claiming a refund of the premiums but in the meantime, it appears that I should do a SAR. Is it worth requesting a simple statement or should I just pay the tenner and get the full works? Do we really need all the info? We don't want to pay £10 if we can get the relevant info for free
Anyway, he will be claiming a refund of the premiums but in the meantime, it appears that I should do a SAR. Is it worth requesting a simple statement or should I just pay the tenner and get the full works? Do we really need all the info? We don't want to pay £10 if we can get the relevant info for free
"I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
0
Comments
-
I would pay the tenner and get it all, it should be all the data they hold on you from statements, amendments, contracts etc.
Cancelling a policy is not a request for a refund, it merely is cancelling. Been told you need PPI to get a loan is a reason to contest it and reclaim the charges already paid, can only claim back the last 6 years i believe.Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies0 -
I must admit, I was a bit suspicious when he said that they had cancelled the policy and amended the balance. I didn't realise that he hadn't received the premiums back. No wonder they didn't put up much of a fight! I'll send for a SAR tomorrow, thanks for reply."I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards