We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
True SillyBilly
sillybilly889
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi folks,
Just realised how silly ive been for the last 5+years, had a number of credit cards ans for the last 3 years i've been paying the minmum monthly payments:mad:.
Decided that i'm going sort the mess I've put myself in!!
Background
I have 3 credit cards -
Card 1 - 29% - £2531.98
Card 2 - 32% - £931.00
Card 3 - 28.9 - £3767.77
Is my 1st step to try and get money back on PPI payments, reckon I was missold it, been doing some reading on this and feel I could try and get it.
In the meantime, do I try and balance transfer some of my cards?
Any advise please would be great.
Just realised how silly ive been for the last 5+years, had a number of credit cards ans for the last 3 years i've been paying the minmum monthly payments:mad:.
Decided that i'm going sort the mess I've put myself in!!
Background
I have 3 credit cards -
Card 1 - 29% - £2531.98
Card 2 - 32% - £931.00
Card 3 - 28.9 - £3767.77
Is my 1st step to try and get money back on PPI payments, reckon I was missold it, been doing some reading on this and feel I could try and get it.
In the meantime, do I try and balance transfer some of my cards?
Any advise please would be great.
0
Comments
-
Firstly use the SOA link in my signature, this will help you to calculate how much you have monthly to put towards your debts. Once this is done use the snowball calculator in my signature to work out the best way to pay the cards off. I hope this helps.TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/20180 -
Just wanted to say hi & welcome to lovely MSE
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.0 -
Ignore andymc advice
Post your SOA it will give us a better Idea of what to advise for the best
use this link http://www.makesenseofcards.com/soacalc.htmlPROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
DFD 5/1/16Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying
. Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: &
for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
xx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
