We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Not sure where to start - need to reduce payments
Clowy2
Posts: 22 Forumite
Hi, I've reached the stage now where I can't afford to make the minimum payment on one of my credit cards.
I have three credit cards, mortgage, 2 loans to pay each month. I feel that if I had 3 months without having to pay them all, then I can get myself straight and be able to pay off more than minimum repayment.
My partner is moving in with me next month and will be contributing towards household bills which will help me enormously.
In the meantime, do I contact credit card companies and explain I need a few months grace, or my mortgage company to try and reduce the payments. I currently have tracker mortgage on repayment basis.
And will this affect my credit record. I have only missed two payments (through no fault of my own - was changing bank accounts) in the past 5 years but I applied for another credit card a few months ago and this was declined. I have a loan which will be paid off in August also.
Any advice greatly appreciated?
I have three credit cards, mortgage, 2 loans to pay each month. I feel that if I had 3 months without having to pay them all, then I can get myself straight and be able to pay off more than minimum repayment.
My partner is moving in with me next month and will be contributing towards household bills which will help me enormously.
In the meantime, do I contact credit card companies and explain I need a few months grace, or my mortgage company to try and reduce the payments. I currently have tracker mortgage on repayment basis.
And will this affect my credit record. I have only missed two payments (through no fault of my own - was changing bank accounts) in the past 5 years but I applied for another credit card a few months ago and this was declined. I have a loan which will be paid off in August also.
Any advice greatly appreciated?
0
Comments
-
Hi
If you do a proper statement of aFFAIRS, WE CAN ADVISE YOU MORE accurately (sorry about caps).If you've have not made a mistake, you've made nothing0 -
My salary - £1,290.00
Monthly Outgoings:
Mortgage/Rent - £386
Council Tax - £77
Gas - £50
Electric - £41
TV License - £10.99
Sky £45.99
Phone - £14.50
Food - £250
Car Insurance - £18.50
Petrol - £80
Life Insurance £15
Mobile £25
MINT CC – Balance £4,500 (limit £5,900) APR 17.9%
Tesco CC – Balance £1,700 APR 15%
HSBC CC - Balance £1,000 APR 17%
Loan - £98 per month, 2.5 years left APR 7.5%
Loan - £95.00 per month 4.8 year left 12%
NEXT £670 29%
Overdraft - £850 (limit £1,000)
SOrry had to rush
Thanks0 -
have you thought about getting rid of sky? or changing it to a smaller package?0
-
Use the SOA calculator in my signature, this will show the experts on here what your circumstances are, and all the hidden costs of living I.e. You have not record of hair cuts, holidays etc etc.TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/20180
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards