We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Credit repair help!

HI,

I wondered if anyone could help me I really want to repair my credit history but the problem is that I am with the CCCS on a DMP so this continues to show failed payments on the debit in question. Is there anyway that I can stop this as I am making payments just not direct to them for the amount they want.

Thanks in advance
I am DEBT - FREE!?!?

Comments

  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,542 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    If you are not making the required contractual payments, then the creditors are perfectly within their rights to report that to the credit reference agencies.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

    IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • lornz23
    lornz23 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Ok so even when I come to the end of the payments in 2013 they say they won't be removed until at least 2015. Is there anyway I can change this when all is paid in full?

    Thanks
    I am DEBT - FREE!?!?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.