We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
NatWest call regarding my account
williamD1964
Posts: 532 Forumite
Just had a call from "Jackie" from NatWest, wishing to talk to me about my account. As well all the usual questions such as account details and address, she wanted me to go into deatails such as how much I spend each month on food bills, personal spending which I found incredibly intrusive. She then listed my direct debits, current withdrawls and my overdraft. She also asked about my credit card bills. At this point I stated that I was not interested in a consolidatory loan thinking that was what she was going to offer me. I stated that like many people I was managing my budget and would in time get to pay off and reduce the overdraft as soon as I was able. Then she hit me with "Well, I see that have had your overdraft for sometime now, and you are continueing to use it to it's full amount. I think you need to start bringing it down as you appear to be living beyound your means". I did ask if it meant that the bank were looking to arbitrarily reduce or withdraw my overdraft to which she didn't reply. I then stated that I thought that she was she being intimidating in her manner and her line of questioning was threatening, and that I intended to go into the branch and speak to someone about this.
0
Comments
-
OK thanks for the info......0
-
Our Nat West accounts don't have overdrafts, but I get called into Lloyds every year or so to 'discuss my situation' with one of their 'financial team'.Trev. Having an out-of-money experience!
C'MON! Let's get this debt sorted!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards