We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Advice with Carphone Warehouse

Hi,

My situation is as follows: I had a contract with O2 CPW that I closed around two years ago. In the last few weeks, I've been contacted by this debt collectors company and by CPW to pay for an outstanding debt for that same contract that I recalled closing two years ago.
My question is, Regardless of the contract being closed, Are they allow to chase after me even if I haven't use the service AT ALL? I'm pretty sure they have records of the service usage, will they still charge me?

If they do, I take that as a sneaky way to get money out of you: to pretend they have closed a deal with you and then chase after 2 years when you don't recall a thing. :mad:

Comments

  • Also, forgot to ask: If I refuse to pay, how badly will it affect my credit rating?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    You can't just refuse to pay a contract - they will default you! You need to forget the DCA and concentrate on speaking to CPW asap!!

    They can and will ruin your credit file, so you need to invest time in resolving this with them....
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.