We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
defaults and other questions!
littleclover
Posts: 38 Forumite
hi all....
I was wondering!!!
Well since i split from my ex and took all out debts on (as they were in my name) I was coping ok, me a new fella but he lost his job last year! My wage has had to keep us alfloat as he is a builder and not much work but stayed @ home much of the winter to save on child care costs!!
Anyway, I paid my bits n pieces best I could making sure priorites such as mortgage, utilities and council tax were paid 1st...Three of the accounts were a little neglected and I have recently set up arragements to pay on them with Mint, Littlewoods and Additions!
Recently, I have found out that I may have a default on my file, which is likely and I have written off for my credit file to check through but I have been trying so hard not to go down the debt management/IVA route to try and keep my file right but it seems that it is just as damaged now!!!
So, what are my options?
Should I carry on paying stuff of normally making the minimal payments or should I consider the debt management route!
My husband has some work coming in now as the weather is nice and my daughter begins school in september. Also, I have 2 loans coming to and end in october which will make us £450 a month better off and my fixed rate on the mortgage ends in July so that will drop a little. Oh, and the payment with littlewoods has been left intrest free which I thought was great of them as I agreed to pay £225 for 6 months to pay it off. I have made 2 payments and have 4 left so that will be finished in october too...:)
Anyway, like I said I am trying to deal with it sensibly and face up to the mess from my marriage but any bits of advice will be appreciated!!!
thanks alot
bev
I was wondering!!!
Well since i split from my ex and took all out debts on (as they were in my name) I was coping ok, me a new fella but he lost his job last year! My wage has had to keep us alfloat as he is a builder and not much work but stayed @ home much of the winter to save on child care costs!!
Anyway, I paid my bits n pieces best I could making sure priorites such as mortgage, utilities and council tax were paid 1st...Three of the accounts were a little neglected and I have recently set up arragements to pay on them with Mint, Littlewoods and Additions!
Recently, I have found out that I may have a default on my file, which is likely and I have written off for my credit file to check through but I have been trying so hard not to go down the debt management/IVA route to try and keep my file right but it seems that it is just as damaged now!!!
So, what are my options?
Should I carry on paying stuff of normally making the minimal payments or should I consider the debt management route!
My husband has some work coming in now as the weather is nice and my daughter begins school in september. Also, I have 2 loans coming to and end in october which will make us £450 a month better off and my fixed rate on the mortgage ends in July so that will drop a little. Oh, and the payment with littlewoods has been left intrest free which I thought was great of them as I agreed to pay £225 for 6 months to pay it off. I have made 2 payments and have 4 left so that will be finished in october too...:)
Anyway, like I said I am trying to deal with it sensibly and face up to the mess from my marriage but any bits of advice will be appreciated!!!
thanks alot
bev
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards