We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vanquis/Impact collections
david.l_4
Posts: 92 Forumite
As many are aware they are the same company I am in a bit of a catch 22 at the moment.
I owe money to vanquis it has been passed to impact I want to pay them about 20 per month they have accepted this but only for 3 months charge free.
I cant afford to pay them more so after the 3 months they will just start adding the two £12 fee’s on again how am I supposed to ever clear this debt any ideas.
I owe money to vanquis it has been passed to impact I want to pay them about 20 per month they have accepted this but only for 3 months charge free.
I cant afford to pay them more so after the 3 months they will just start adding the two £12 fee’s on again how am I supposed to ever clear this debt any ideas.
0
Comments
-
does anyone have a card with them what happens if you stop paying impact does it get hand3ed to a real dca then and trhe interest stop?0
-
Have you sent them a CCA request to see if they have the authority to collect on the debt?
No CCA = no enforcable debt = end of.
You are the boss in this situation, not them & what you offer them will be what they accept in a like it or lump it sort of way.
If they bully you, then report them to the OFT & trading standards.
Oh & they have no legal power whatsoever to add any charges on top...0 -
they have no legal power whatsoever to add any charges on top
well they are i think they get round it by actually being a in house collectiond team for vanquis i dont know what to do as the more interest+ charges the add the more the debt grows and i simply cant afford it.0 -
and what stops a company from adding interest+charges for aslong as they like what happens if i stoped paying would i owe them a million in ten years for a 300£ debt?0
-
Absolutely nothing happens - they can add charges on till the cows come home, its just more & more money that will never be repaid quite frankly.
They have no legal power whatsoever - only a county court does.
They can easily be reported to the OFT/trading standards etc...0 -
David.l - You are correct about charges, while the debt is in house, charges can be added depending on your agreement (according to CCCS http://www.cccs.co.uk/InfoCentre/EnglandandWales/Creditoraction/Chargesandinterest.aspx). If you default then charges stop.
National debtline has a letter that you can send to ask them to stop interest and charges http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/temp/5794_13901.pdf
Others may be along to give you more advice.0 -
This thread regarding interest being added to accounts whilst with an in house DCA is very interesting.
When we say an in house DCA can that also mean a DCA that is only working on behalf of the creditor and doesn't actually own the debt outright?
For example AMEX seem to pass a defaulted account straight over to RMA instantly, RMA are not an in house DCA for AMEX but there seems to be some sort of agreement between the two. I have heard people say that RMA have not added any interest to their account whilst others say that they have. In this case would it be RMA or the original creditor AMEX that is adding the interest.DMP mutual support thread member:3270 -
I've read some more, so I'm not sure now. In the CCCS stuff it says both the original creditor and the DCA can make charges though the DCA can choose not to. They don't differentiate between in house and external. Sorry, if I've cause confusion.
http://www.cccs.co.uk/InfoCentre/EnglandandWales/Creditoraction/Debtcollectionagencies.aspx0 -
check out these youtube phonecall recordings of vanquis bank and impact collections very funny and quite interesting
finally some payback they constantly harrass people now we get some payback :beer:
youtube user: PrankMasterification
also some of the phone numbers that they use :
08000191556
01634816300
08000192516
02381780024
02477676018
08002888640
08000191554
08000190537
01412371498
01513458383
01173294446
01133453256
02895438102
08000190537
01159988071
01616370187
01914478686
02477676018
01316290317
02034178687
01513458383
01634816300
02381780024
02477676018
08002888640
08000191554
08000190537
01412371498
01513458383
01173294446
01133453256
02895438102
cheers:T0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards