We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Financial help & advice needed please :-)
fallen_angel09
Posts: 51 Forumite
Hi All,
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to read this thread.
My point of being here is that i need help in sorting my finances out, by that I mean, I am wasting so much money at the moment.
I will give you my figures, and see what anyone can suggest??
I get child benefit and working tax credits, so anything that is not covered by my wages, is covered through this, I use every last penny of these incomes on bills....
I earn £746 PM out of that I need to pay:
£20 Mobile Phone Bill
£30 Virgin Media Bill
£30 Water
£15 TV License
£25 Gym Membership
£120 food - me and a 5 year old boy.
£50 Petrol
Total: £290
Dispossable Income: £456
I have a £250 loan left to pay off, this is through credit union, so very low interest.
I am finding it hard to give myself a budget for things like going out, clothes etc & also the food budget.
I am saving for a deposit towards a house so need as much as I possibly can to save at the moment.
I have a savings account with credit union where I have £700 in there, should I add my deposit savings to this or should I open a seperate bank account? Also, am I right in thinking that £700 should be my 'rainy day' money?
As you can see, there is a fair lump (around £200) of money that is going unaccount for each month, I know that this is through wasting it, the odd coffee with a friend, clothes I do not need, alcohol on nights out - which I dont NEED.
The only other thing I have not put on my outgoings is the £250 loan I owe, I am paying £150 off per month towards that too...
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to read this thread.
My point of being here is that i need help in sorting my finances out, by that I mean, I am wasting so much money at the moment.
I will give you my figures, and see what anyone can suggest??
I get child benefit and working tax credits, so anything that is not covered by my wages, is covered through this, I use every last penny of these incomes on bills....
I earn £746 PM out of that I need to pay:
£20 Mobile Phone Bill
£30 Virgin Media Bill
£30 Water
£15 TV License
£25 Gym Membership
£120 food - me and a 5 year old boy.
£50 Petrol
Total: £290
Dispossable Income: £456
I have a £250 loan left to pay off, this is through credit union, so very low interest.
I am finding it hard to give myself a budget for things like going out, clothes etc & also the food budget.
I am saving for a deposit towards a house so need as much as I possibly can to save at the moment.
I have a savings account with credit union where I have £700 in there, should I add my deposit savings to this or should I open a seperate bank account? Also, am I right in thinking that £700 should be my 'rainy day' money?
As you can see, there is a fair lump (around £200) of money that is going unaccount for each month, I know that this is through wasting it, the odd coffee with a friend, clothes I do not need, alcohol on nights out - which I dont NEED.
The only other thing I have not put on my outgoings is the £250 loan I owe, I am paying £150 off per month towards that too...
As many NSD in 2011 as possible, Get Grocery bill as low as possible and Save as much as possible
:j LETS DO THIS!
0
Comments
-
how much is left on the loan ?? welcome to the boards
.... i would use the 700 as a base for savings towards a home
xx I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.680 -
I have £250 left on the loan, I borrowed £1500 in april and have just paid of every bit of money I can.
I am hoping to have it paid off by July.
How much is a realistic ammount to give myself as 'pocket money' for nights out, clothes/treats? thats the bit I am struggling with...
Then i can concentrate on saving my wages so that I can try and back a lump sum of my student loan to limit the debt once I have graduated.... xAs many NSD in 2011 as possible, Get Grocery bill as low as possible and Save as much as possible
:j LETS DO THIS!0 -
Hi fallen angel
I joined this site a couple of weeks ago and have found everyone really friendly and helpful.
One thing I seem to manage ok is my food budget. I have myself, OH and one 4 year old and manage on £140 every 4 weeks. The trick for me is to keep a meal planner (some good tips on the old style money saving forum). I batch cook-freezing meals over the 4 weeks... with the meal planner I also work out what I need to buy every week with rough costs. It seems to work and we're never hungry
New starting debt 30/12/2018 £30,164.76:eek:
Revised debt £29,361.70 2.66% paid0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards