We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
A few questions about my credit record!
stardust-girl
Posts: 29 Forumite
Hi!
This is my first post on MSE (even though I have been lurking for a while!) so I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place - I couldn't work out where would be best.
I finally worked up the courage to get a trial from Experian. I really didn't want to look (head in the sand syndrome!). It really isn't that bed - yes, not great, but I thought it was going to be much worse.
I've got a few questions that are bothering me though.
1, I was surprise that an 02 contract I closed in 2006 is on there. But I see it says settled accounts are kept on 6 years from settled date. So: it says "settled", is that the same as closed? I don't have the contract anymore but I can't tell whether it is officially closed or not? Should it not say closed, or are closed and settled the same thing?
2, The 02 account has my name listed as Mr (First Name) (Surname). I'm an unmarried woman so use Miss, so all my other accounts are listed as Miss (First Name) (Middle Initial) (Surname) in the same format as each other. Does this matter at all, and if it does can I get it changed?
Just some niggly things, there are other much more important things that I definitely need to work on (like not have any sodding late payments! What an idiot I am!) but I know what's what with those. Thank you if you can help!
This is my first post on MSE (even though I have been lurking for a while!) so I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place - I couldn't work out where would be best.
I finally worked up the courage to get a trial from Experian. I really didn't want to look (head in the sand syndrome!). It really isn't that bed - yes, not great, but I thought it was going to be much worse.
I've got a few questions that are bothering me though.
1, I was surprise that an 02 contract I closed in 2006 is on there. But I see it says settled accounts are kept on 6 years from settled date. So: it says "settled", is that the same as closed? I don't have the contract anymore but I can't tell whether it is officially closed or not? Should it not say closed, or are closed and settled the same thing?
2, The 02 account has my name listed as Mr (First Name) (Surname). I'm an unmarried woman so use Miss, so all my other accounts are listed as Miss (First Name) (Middle Initial) (Surname) in the same format as each other. Does this matter at all, and if it does can I get it changed?
Just some niggly things, there are other much more important things that I definitely need to work on (like not have any sodding late payments! What an idiot I am!) but I know what's what with those. Thank you if you can help!
0
Comments
-
Hi,
Welcome to MSE!
Pretty sure settled and closed are the same thing.
I'm sure you could just call o2 and ask them to change the name for you...? That'd be an easy one to get them to fix. Even if it doesn't make a difference it'd be easy to get them to fix so you may as well ask.
HTH.0 -
Thank you for the reply La escocesa. I think I will contact 02, nothing to lose eh?
0 -
Stardust-girl,
Remember to cancel the Free-Trial in good time - before they charge you for the next months subscription. Others on this and other forums have had difficulty in canceling such trials.
Rather than doing it online and risking paying a monthly subscription it is very easy to purchase your records from the three Credit Reference Agecnies by post, only £2 - I think.
Regrads,
John0 -
Thank you for the heads up John, I will have to cancel my trial. I hope I don't have too much trouble. I'll definitely be getting the £2 reports in the future.. I've since found out you can even get the Equifax £2 report online, so I think I'll be doing that next.
0 -
02 should be able to tell you over the phone :-) rechange of names they can be funny I had to send off proof of name change good luck :-)I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.680
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards