We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Debt Collectors
bottleofred
Posts: 2,902 Forumite
Hi,
I have a few debts from many years ago that McKenzie Hall are trying to chase up. Approximately one month ago, I sent them the prove it letter by recorded delivery. I know it has been received as I checked on the Royal Mail website. Does anyone know how long it takes these idiots to get back to people. I also received a phone call at work from them on Monday and have informed them by letter I wish to be contacted only by post. They also did 3 credit searches on me and I hope this does not affect my ability to get credit, as I'm hoping to get a mortgage. Any help or advice appreciated.
Bottle of Red
I have a few debts from many years ago that McKenzie Hall are trying to chase up. Approximately one month ago, I sent them the prove it letter by recorded delivery. I know it has been received as I checked on the Royal Mail website. Does anyone know how long it takes these idiots to get back to people. I also received a phone call at work from them on Monday and have informed them by letter I wish to be contacted only by post. They also did 3 credit searches on me and I hope this does not affect my ability to get credit, as I'm hoping to get a mortgage. Any help or advice appreciated.
Bottle of Red
If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.
£2 savings jar £300:D
Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!
£2 savings jar £300:D
Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!
0
Comments
-
The credit serches they did will not show to other lenders if they are "unrecorded searches".TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/20180 -
The searches show up for outstanding debts. The sneaky hateful Barstewards!If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.
£2 savings jar £300:D
Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!0 -
What 'prove it letter' in particular?
There are several templates that people refer to as that.Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB
IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed0 -
The prove it letter is from this website asking MH to prove I owe the debt. If I get confirmation they have proof, I am then going to ask for a schedule of payments to determine if 6 years had elapsed from the time of the last payment. The letter asks for confirmation of proof that I am liable for the debt. I got the template from the website.If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.
£2 savings jar £300:D
Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards