Car Boot Licence?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
1 reply 631 views
Craig25Craig25 Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if it isnt. I currently work in a hotel which owns its own land, we have a very large carpark which is hardly ever used. We are planning on renting out spaces for people to do a car boot sale. Would we need a licence to do so? if so does anybody know the cost? We only want to do these on bank holiday's throughout the year. Thanks in advance!


  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I know that the situation used to be that if you held them regularly, you had to register with the local authority. I'm not sure how often regularly was, it could have been more often than twice in a year. I'd start by phoning them and asking, or search around your local council's website.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides