PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Microwave Magic

Options
2»

Comments

• blossom30
    blossom30 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I have a sanyo micro grill and I have found that the grill part really saves on your electric bills as it cooks things a lot quicker than a conventional grill and doesn't use as much energy. I have also found that you can cook beef steaks perfectly in it and also salmon steaks are excellent. I don't know how to work the combination micro/grill yet ( I must take time to read these brochures!) shrewdal
  • seraphina
    seraphina Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What kind of capacity do these ovens have? I have a teenager who is forever cooking rubbish like chips and pizza in the oven as she nearly always refuses to eat my HM food and more often than not she leaves the oven on full for hours. It is driving me mad and the idea that she could use the combi which has a timer is very appealing (don't get me started on trying to convert her to eating more healthily and trying HM stuff - you'd have more luck trying to sort out the Middle East). how much are they to buy? I had a combination oven about 20 years ago when they first came out and it was big and cumbersome and never really got the stuff crispy. What brand would you recommend?

We have a Panasonic and are very pleased with it - I would reccommend Panasonic for pretty much everything!

DH bought it before our MSE days so goodness only knows how much it cost but to be fair it's been going strong for years and years. It doesn't have a particularly big footprint and it sits in a corner of our kitchen that would otherwise be dead space (underneath the boiler). Although it doesn't take up much space, the inside is canaverous - you would easily fit a whole chicken in there. As for crispy - the jacket potato skins are great when done in the combi - lovely and crispy but not as tough as they are when done in the normal oven.

The big win is the heating up times - our oven takes about 20 mins to heat up to 200 degrees C. In that time I can have whatever it was I wanted cooked and eaten if I use the combi!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure