Pension commission

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
1 reply 553 views
azor04azor04 Forumite
5 Posts
In 1998 I joined a pension plan. The advisor from the pension company came to see me and sorted the paper work. Since then I have not seen him or receieved any statements from them. Last year I decided to freeze my pension with them - still no statement, phone call or visit from the advisor. This year, I decided to call them and ask for my statement. They sent me statements 4 weeks in a row (for the same thing- every saturday a big envelope arrived with the same information) . As I have not had any visit from the advisor and no statement since 1998, do I have the right to write to them and ask for refund of the commission for the advisor.


  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    No you dont. The commission was paid for advice given at point of sale. If you had paid a retainer you would have a valid point but you didnt, so you havent.

    If you wanted regular service you should have employed an IFA and instructed them with your requirements. Not gone to a pension company.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals