'Reduced from £2.7m to £20 – BARGAIN!' Blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• corbyboycorbyboy Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    What does it say in the original price? I don't know if I have bad eyesight but it cannot read that screenshot at all.
  • Money_Maker_ShakerMoney_Maker_Shaker Forumite
    424 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    corbyboy wrote: »
    What does it say in the original price? I don't know if I have bad eyesight but it cannot read that screenshot at all.

I think the title of the thread may give you a little clue ;)
    :j Go on, shake your money maker! :j
  • irrelevantirrelevant Forumite
    257 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Here's a link to the item.
  • corbyboycorbyboy Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    I think the title of the thread may give you a little clue ;)

You know what I mean. I just wanted to see the page for myself.
  • ElkyElkyElkyElky Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    That's a killer discount. I almost bought one at the original price, good job they've came down in price.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an amazon marketplace seller.

Depending on the service they've procurred, they can create their own catalogue pages (including RRP). The catalogue page may not belong to the lowest priced seller as once created, any other seller can use it too.

It may be a simple administrative or processing error (there's various software available to create new catalogue pages and pricing) or it may be a method to ensure they are top of the list for discounted prices since with rounding they are offering 100% discount.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Eric_PischEric_Pisch Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Premier wrote: »
    It's an amazon marketplace seller.

Depending on the service they've procurred, they can create their own catalogue pages (including RRP). The catalogue page may not belong to the lowest priced seller as once created, any other seller can use it too.

It may be a simple administrative or processing error (there's various software available to create new catalogue pages and pricing) or it may be a method to ensure they are top of the list for discounted prices since with rounding they are offering 100% discount.

or a very clever piece of viral advertising :)

i wonder how many hits its had
  • Contains_Mild_PerilContains_Mild_Peril Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    corbyboy wrote: »
    RRP: £2,670,000.00 Price: £15.90 You Save: £2,669,984.10 (100%)
    100% discount (rounded to the nearest %), apparently!
  • jamespirjamespir Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i might buy a few at that price and sell them on ebay
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • plimsollplimsoll Forumite
    153 Posts
    rofl!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Christmas Deals Predictor 2021

The hottest deals & best times to buy

MSE Deals