Suitable for registry office or not ? ?

I had added this on to another thread, but not had many replies, so here is my own thread . . . .

Is this dress in red suitable for a registry office wedding???? I've also added the blue link as it shows the dress better, I'm really worried it's to big for a registry office do!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010214603_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtdebut+red

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010214647_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtblue+ball+gown

Please help me out x
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards ":confused:

Comments

• hunnycat
    hunnycat Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kayla99 wrote: »
    I had added this on to another thread, but not had many replies, so here is my own thread . . . .

Is this dress in red suitable for a registry office wedding???? I've also added the blue link as it shows the dress better, I'm really worried it's to big for a registry office do!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010214603_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtdebut+red

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010214647_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtblue+ball+gown

Please help me out x

just cause its a registry office doesnt mean it has to be toned down!
    People who are not religious use registry offices and some of them are stunning.
    You wear what you wear what you want for your day. I have been to a few weddings in registry offices and they all had proper wedding gowns and veils on .x.x.
    would love to win an ipad!
    A-Z Challenge - ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  • ljbnotts
    ljbnotts Posts: 608 Forumite
    bless, no way is this to big for a registry office do!

We see all sorts, people who get married in jeans to those who get married in massive dresses that can't fit through the door! Anything goes (well within reason!)

The main thing is that you feel happy and comfy in it! But please don't worry its not suitable, it totally is!
  • kayla99
    kayla99 Posts: 198 Forumite
    ljbnotts wrote: »
    bless, no way is this to big for a registry office do!

We see all sorts, people who get married in jeans to those who get married in massive dresses that can't fit through the door! Anything goes (well within reason!)

The main thing is that you feel happy and comfy in it! But please don't worry its not suitable, it totally is!

Thanks to you both, and to those who responded to the other thread.

The dress is an emergency second choice to go with my colour scheme [wedding is 2nd July, put on 2 stone since dress fitting:mad:] . . . . which is burgundy and ivory, my original dress is too small [way too small], thanks to some lovely medication I am now on, not too happy but that is life x x
    "Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards ":confused:
  • hunnycat
    hunnycat Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    kayla99 wrote: »
    Thanks to you both, and to those who responded to the other thread.

The dress is an emergency second choice to go with my colour scheme [wedding is 2nd July, put on 2 stone since dress fitting:mad:] . . . . which is burgundy and ivory, my original dress is too small [way too small], thanks to some lovely medication I am now on, not too happy but that is life x x
    can your dress not be altered? they can generally do 2-3 sizes alterations. or have you put all the weight on in one area?

the emergency dress is gorgeous.x
    would love to win an ipad!
    A-Z Challenge - ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    yes its fine you can wear what you want! xx
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories