Does anybody do Data Entry at home and recommend it?

Hi :)

My OH was made redundant last week and we need to earn about another £200 per month (at least) to make ends meet.

I'm a teacher and spend a lot of time at home in the evenings doing my marking/planning/resource making but I'm sure I could find a couple of hours each night and weekends to do something like data entry and we have two laptops so my OH could give it a go too.

I've looked on Gumtree etc but haven't found a lot of 'data entry at home' jobs.

So my questions are...
  1. Does anybody on here do Data Entry at home?
  2. Where did you find the work advertised?
  3. How much work really is involved? (amount of data/time limit)
  4. How much pay can you expect vs how many hours spent doing it?
Sorry for garbled questions but just clutching at straws now!

Burp x

Comments

• Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2010 at 1:58PM
    Google data entry job scams. Sorry, but it's a well-known way of parting desperate people from their cash (by way of a 'training fee' or getting you to place adverts for more people looking for work at home).
  • Burp_2
    Burp_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Fortunately I'm intelligent enough not to pursue something that requires money from my direction ;)

Burp x
  • B.E.N
    B.E.N Posts: 193 Forumite
    Burp wrote: »
    Fortunately I'm intelligent enough not to pursue something that requires money from my direction ;)

Burp x

Glad to hear it! But the simple fact is that there are thousands of people in developing countries, who speak good English and have an Internet connection, who will happily work for £2-£3 pounds (possibly less) for a full working day of menial data entry, so this is really a non-starter & as such, the vast majority (if not all) are scams of some variety.

Have you thought about Private Tuition? + What industry background is your husband from?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure