Jersey Royals £1 a bag in Asda but i`m not convinced they are the real thing!

Options
I bought a bag last week, really dissapointed with them, they did`nt taste like jersey royals at all !!
Has anyone else bought them and thought the same?

Comments

• tabskitten
    tabskitten Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    Options
    Nope- but interesting!!

what did you think they were?
    :silenced:
    I think tabskitten is a crying, walking, sleeping, talking, living troll :cool:
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well - mine were gorgeous & deffo Jersey Royal taste, but they didn't have any yesterday!

Had to get normal spuds instead. NOT the same.
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,678 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been buying Taste the Difference Jersey Royals at half price, supposedly, from Sainsbury's for a couple of weeks. I didn't think they had the true Jersey taste either. However, this week they are selling Taste the Difference BABY Jersey Royals (also £1.50) so I tried those and, hey, they do taste like proper Jersey Royals! Perhaps it's something to do with the size and they lose the taste as they get bigger?
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    Less water content do u think? We have new cheshire potatoes here, by far one the best kept secrets on the planet, are very very nice, full water n just scrape the skin off - by far much sexier than than waxy royal (fergie).............

p.s they started at £2.50p lb very small £1 lb now much bigger
    SIMPLES!
  • far2812
    far2812 Posts: 919 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    bought some yesterday - IMO - they ARE jersey royals - extra specia variety.
    Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    Jersey Royals have EU designated status so the chance of a supermarket sourcing them for elsewhere is highly unlikely.

I've had several bags of the Taste the Difference Jersey Royals and they have been lovely. I'm not sure they are storing them well though, crates and crates stacked up and left to sweat in sealed bags in a hot supermarket. I ignore the promotional end and go to the potato bay where the freshest stock is kept and they are refridgerated.

The harsh winter has also created supply problems, perhaps they are harvesting some before they are fully developed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure