PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lunch box containers

Options
I'm looking for some cheap lunch boxes and gimmicks to go inside them (fruit coolers and such).

I am cutting it fine as its for my sons birthday party next weekend. We have 9 children attending and instead of having loot bags I want to do "packed lunches" for them.
Most of them are going up to reception in September (the others January) so I thought if I do them each a packed lunch and let them each take home a lunch box, with something in it ( one of those chiller novelties or fruit cases) and a set of laminated lunch box notes (in an envelope) it might be a nice change from the usual tat that goes home in loot bags.

Anyone know where I can get this kind of thing? Im guessing the best place for the boxes themselves would be the pound store (will head out there on tuesday).

Any other ideas very welcome

Comments

• MummyOfTwo
    MummyOfTwo Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    what a lovely idea! best bet will be poundshop or home bargains for bits and bobs for them...
  • Myrtle
    Myrtle Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try Home Bargains too, if you've one near. They often work out cheaper than Poundland :)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Polkadot :)

What a lovely idea! Do you have a budget in mind per box? As this isn't strictly OS, i'll leave it here for a while, then move it to I wanna board (it could go in shopping and groceries if you prefer.... Let me know)

These are cheap but i don't think they are what you are looking for.

Zip

Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• longhotbath
    longhotbath Posts: 708 Forumite
    Options
    we did this 2 years ago for ds2's birthday party - and its great to see the lunchboxes still being used !

I got polar gear ones from sainsburys who were doing a promotion at 99p each, and filled them with standard lunchbox food.After the party lunch, I popped some party bag goodies inside on a farm theme as the party was at a farm (under 3's went in free).

http://www.polargear.co.uk/classic_lunch_foldup_lunch_cooler.htm we used the pale blue ones
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    They have a few things on the Tchibo website this week, grape and apple boxes, and lunch bags. Try lidl, too, they usually have their lunchboxes the first week in June.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much for the ideas.Will go have a walkabout later.

Sorry Zippy:o and I thought I was finally getting so good at posting in the right place :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure