noangel666
noangel666 Posts: 96
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 14 October 2010 at 4:24PM in Boost your income

Comments

• Sarsie
    Sarsie Posts: 283 Forumite
    Did this for around 9 months from 2005-2006, to be honest I found it hard to get enough work to make it worth being available even though I stuck at it. I found I got a lot more whiney clients there than I got when they were paying three times as much for my expertise through an agency too. I also found it took forever to get paid and I had to keep an independant record of my activity and check it back because rarely was my pay cheque spot-on. So I stopped bothering with them.

I'm glad you had a good experience though, so the best of luck anyone who is short enough on finance to give it a go, but I can only tell it how I lived it and thus would say to anyone with a marketable expertise to set your expectations low at the outset and don't quit your day job straight away!
    "I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the sh*t kicked out of me." ~ Capt. E. Blackadder
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    isn't this dangerous for say counseling?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Spikey wrote: »
    isn't this dangerous for say counseling?
    yea thats what i thought as i have had a look and there are area's that could easily be abused, one that seems massive is the fortune telling/ mediumship side and people are paying good money for...well read the reviews!

But other area's seem ok like fitness and business?? My mum has just left her job and has loads of HR experience plus loads of training quals so would be good for her...i think?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure