What have I done?

Options
Hello,

Been reading this forum for a while and find it very useful!

4 years ago I owed £120k on my 3 bed terrace, 4 months ago through a lot of hard work I was mortgage free, using the Virgin one account which I highly recommend! :-)

Anyway today I exchanged on a new house 3 bed detached and find that I now have another mortgage and suddenly wondering if I did the right thing lol.

Anyway I am now a mortgage free wannabe again!

Neil

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    lol! You've done what a lot of people on here would do.... anyway, welcome and good luck - at least you know what to do!

greent x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh well, practice makes perfect! As greent has just said, you now know the ropes and if you are happy in your new home and can afford it, you HAVE done the right thing.

Just think, once you've moved into your detached house, you will no longer be woken at 3 a.m by hearing your neighbours on either side tinkling into their toilets or being forced to listen to your least favourite TV programmes through your shared walls. Now isn't that worth all the extra debt you've just taken on? :rotfl:
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LOL, you did it once you can do it again, good luck with the journey.
  • welshlady33
    welshlady33 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    1st time is the hardest, 2nd time round should be even easier?!

Well done for paying of yr 1st mortgage in such short time, will you be posting any tips? I am on the "one account" and it is great but would love some help making it work even better.

Did you use the one account for your new mortgage too?

Glad you realised yr MF dream and used it to fund what you wanted, a nice shiny new home. Good luck!
  • CrazySaving
    CrazySaving Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on becoming mortgage free and for buying your new house. Just think if you hadn't paid your first mortgage off you would not of been in the great position to buy your new house. Like others have said if you have paid off the mortgage once you know all the things you need to do to pay off this mortgage. Congratulations and good luck
  • CrazySaving
    CrazySaving Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    By the way this is what I am trying to do, pay off the house I am living in and then sell and it and move up the ladder. Its good to see you have managed to do this.
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    That is amazing that you have come this far, Just think you would probably not been able to afford this new house if you hadnt put all the hard work in over the past four years. To pay off £120k mortgage in four years is fantastic!!!
    You are used to living that way so I am sure within a few years you will be mortgage free again but with an even better house.
    Good luck with it all x
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business