AA Loans

Options
Hi...does anyone know what AA loans are like...any bad experiences or glowing reports?

Comments

• lauraaurora
    Options
    I have a loan with them after a recommendation from a colleague. They quoted me the lowest apr and I haven't had a problem with them. I tried to apply on the internet, but had to then make a telephone application for some reason. However, the chap at the call centre was really nice and helpful. The cheque came the next day by courier. Brilliant!
  • Kittee-Kat
    Options
    Nice one laura, i keep checking out the web site...and others but keep going back to AA. Nice to see a good report about a company
  • monkeydust_2
    Options
    Hi – can you confirm (I did as AA but the lady on the other end didn’t fill me with confidence) that you can make lump sum payments? That way if you want to pay of early surely you can just pay of a large lump and then close out (paying 2 months interest on a very small amount that’s left)?
  • Kittee-Kat
    Options
    Hi Monkey...not sure about that, pretty new to this game at the mo. Anyone else got any comments about AA?
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    aa weren't very good with car insurance-i had to pay £73 a month for an old crappy car (i'd just passed) when i asked how much 3rd party fire and theft would be-they wouldn't tell me and said i neeeded fully comp (the car was really rubbish! about 10-15yrs old) and being naive i believed them!
    they are constantly offering me loans but i doubt they would accept me if i applied as i have a poor credit rating!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • KerryGold
    KerryGold Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    My husband has an AA loan. He's pretty pleased with them. The service and everything has been fine. The only thing that bugs me is they ring us several times a year to chat with him and ask if everything is okay and does he want anything else etc etc?

They keep ringing back till he speaks to them so that annoys me but he doesn't seem to mind!
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    I think the "problem" is that the majority of people that have been accepted by a loan company will consider that company to be good (if they keep up to date with the payments) as after the application process there is little contact with the company other than automated monthly payments to them.

In a similar tone, most people who have been turned down by a loan company will have fairly low opinions of them.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport