free or cheap eye test in ni

Options
gggill
gggill Posts: 5 Forumite
does anyone know of an extremely cheap or preferably free eye test available in northern ireland
many thanks

Comments

• steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gggill wrote: »
    does anyone know of an extremely cheap or preferably free eye test available in northern ireland
    many thanks

I don't think there are any free ones unless you are on certain benefits or under 18 years old in full time education, standard charge for an eye test is around £10 I think. Working with computers in the health service I get mine free and 50% towards the glasses:T

Must actually get the old eyes done soon:o
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    I got my eyes tested for free in Specsavers...... If you go in under the guise that you need new glasses (If you don't have any, say you were told you may need some) they will probably do it for free if they think they are going to get a sale out of it.... I found them quite good and well priced too if you do need glasses..
  • impulse
    impulse Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    do tesco not offer free eye tests?
  • Margaret54
    Margaret54 Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I live in Lisburn and I had my eyes tested a bit cheaper when I was walking past one day killing time for an eye test with another opticians. I saw a board outside Specsavers. They had written down a few appointment times which had been cancelled on the day, and if you came in and booked an app for one of those times you got £5 off the eye test, as I had to pay(still do). The other posters have already covered what I was going to say. Hope you get sorted:)
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • gggill
    gggill Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    i have heard tesco do free eye tests but thought it was uk only, don't know of any branches in n.i.
    do you? thanks
  • thetope
    thetope Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the Tesco in Knocknagoney has an opticians section that does the eye tests
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure