Fredrickson International Limited

Options
I had an outstanding phone bill with O2 (Carphone Warehouse) that I failed to pay. The debt was passed to Fredrickson International Limited. I think I made a few payments. Anyway, in May when I wrote to all of my creditors I never heard from Fredrickson International Limited so I decided to call them. They said that the debt has been passed back to the Carphone Warehouse. I called the Carphone Warehouse which is now apparantly Vodafone (no idea, perhaps they bought them or something :confused:) and then they put me through to some department of the Carphone Warehouse(?) who say that because my number would have been sold when the debt was passed on that they can no longer access my account so there is nothing that they can do. The guy suggested going into a Carphone Warehouse branch but I don't even know the mobile number anymore, all I have is a letter from Fredrickson International Limited.

All I wanted to do was make a payment onto my account.

The outstanding debt was £66.23 back in April this year. Do I just leave it as it is and forget about it or is there something else I can do?

Jo.
--><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.

Comments

• us,thecat&thedebt
    Options
    sound like you dont have much choice but to leave it until someone sends you some correspondence i had the same sort of problem with tmobile and fredricksons..

they arranged a payment plan for me i stuck to it for 4 months and then suddenly westcot started pursuing me for the intial balance (id paid of nearly 200) called fredricksons and they had no idea what was going on nor did westcot apart from the fact that they said i had to pay the full balance to them it took 2 months and about 15 letters and 50 phone calls to sort it out...

a year later and i can now afford to pay the settlement but im still waiting for the letter of confirmation....

Argh i hate DCA'S!!!!! :eek: :eek:
    :beer: :j OFFICIAL DFW NERD NO 159 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH OUR DEBTS:beer: :j

If you do a job well, people won't be sure you've done anything at all :rolleyes:

Must claim back bank charges!!!:rolleyes:
  • laurajayne
    Options
    Arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

I hate CPW 02 - Hey I used to work for CPW too!

(CPW used to bill for both Voda and o2, but have now passed all voda customers back to vodafone).

I had an outstanding bill of £900 from o2 (grr, GPRS call charges for one month, despite as so called credit limit of £75!)

Hi hum, it got passed to Buchannan Clark and Wells, who would not accept any payment arrangement I offered - which was £100, the most they'd do was split into quarters, and for this the debt got bumped to £1300.

It then got passed to Fredrickson, who bumped it again to £1700. I thought, this is getting silly, lets go on the fredpay website, which lets you set up a payment arrangement without talking to the office....which turned me down flat. Got a phone call from Emmanuel a few days later, who was asking me to pay the outstanding balance, or set up a payment arrangement. I told him I'd been trying from the word go, and that I had in fact gone on the website to try as well. He said before we go into that I need to ask a few questions, which were:

Martial Status - Single.
    If I owned my own home etc - Live with parents
    Work - Full time.

On the basis of my answers, he told me the computer said that the minimum payment was £147. So I said that he has an extremely clever computer, for it to be able to work out what I can afford without knowing my incomings let alone my outgoings....eventually we agreed I#d pay my £100 p/m by DD *sigh* only took 6 months!

Just pay Fredrickson...you can use http://www.fredpay.com to do it online, and check the balance etc.

And in future...don't go on CPW o2 lol
    :cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge - 019
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies.

I've tried paying Fredrickson International Limited but they just tell me that the account has been passed back to CPW. They won't accept a debit card payment over the phone. I've looked on Fredpay to see if I can pay online but the account number no longer exists :confused:
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ignore it for now. You will just run up your phone bill and get stressed for no reason. You could write to CPW asking for details of how to pay if you don't want to leave it, but don't expect a speedy reply.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income