Shops in Edinburgh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 631 views
NoozanNoozan Forumite
1.1K Posts
500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Just a quick question - are the shops in Edinburgh open as usual on Sunday? (tomorrow) I was meant to take my mother over today but didn't feel well enough to. :o Are there any interesting markets or street type stalls I can take her as she likes that kind of thing. Thanks.
I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....

Replies

• loadsacashloadsacash Forumite
    589 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Yes the shops are all open on Sunday.

There are a few stalls on the Royal Mile. You can wander up there and look at the buskers and get a coffee as well.

Ocean Terminal is nice as well - and free parking
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Noozan,

don't forget its the Edinburgh Festival at the moment so certainly the Centre of Edinburgh is very busy and quite difficult to move around in. If you are up for a bit of jostling and can cope with crowds then there's loads to see and all the shops are open....... If that's not your thing you might be better with one of the out of town complexes though there won't be markets etc. but there will be parking which is not easy in the city centre at the mo. Have a good trip.

Teapot

PS just looked at your signature - getting your mum out of the freezer for the trip???
  • NoozanNoozan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    teapot2 wrote:
    PS just looked at your signature - getting your mum out of the freezer for the trip???

ROFLMAO :rotfl: I had forgotten about my sig!
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals