Ikea Edinburgh - Cheap Kids Meals

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
6 replies 802 views
pinkpauline34pinkpauline34 Forumite
130 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Just returned from Ikea this afternoon where they are offering kids portions in the restaurant for 20p. There is large chicken nugget and chips, fish and chips, 5 meatballs and chips or pasta. It's served between 3pm and 9pm.

Ideal for small appetites and for 20p ideal for money savers too!

Replies

• FrasercaFraserca Forumite
    358 Posts
    Have you never heard of Jamie Theakston ? ( Sorry Jamie Oliver ) - Why should anyone think that IKEA meals are suitable for children.

Frankly IKEA food is dreadful, unhealthy and not particularly good value for money
    qui tacet consentire -

Who is silent gives consent.
  • elbow_3elbow_3 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Fraserca wrote:
    Have you never heard of Jamie Theakston ? - Why should anyone think that IKEA meals are suitable for children.

Frankly IKEA food is dreadful, unhealthy and not particularly good value for money

Theakston's not jumping on the healthy eating bandwagon as well is he? He should stick to presenting The Games and keep his culinary opinions to himself. ;-)

Thanks for the tip, we quite like the Ikea meatballs..

Cheers
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it was Jamie Oliver that the poster was referring to.

I agree with the Ikea meat balls and nothing to stop you buying several childrens portions at 20p to feed an adult ;)
  • fluffynitfluffynit Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fraserca wrote:
    Have you never heard of Jamie Theakston ? - Why should anyone think that IKEA meals are suitable for children.

This is your opinion, of course. Maybe Jamie Theakson agrees with Jamie Oliver...who knows :confused:

I think it is very good value for money.:money:

Thanks OP for this info, I only live a mile away so might pop in sometime for dinner.

fluffynit
  • ljw2701ljw2701 Forumite
    169 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Fraserca wrote:
    Have you never heard of Jamie Theakston ? ( Sorry Jamie Oliver ) - Why should anyone think that IKEA meals are suitable for children.

Feel this response was a bit harsh and seems critical of OP. Although I've only ever had the breakfast at IKEA I found it excellent value at only £1 with free coffee before 10am. While I always do try to give my children healthy, homemade food I also feel that the occasional "unhealthy" meal will not mean they suddenly become obese couch potatoes!
  • fluffynitfluffynit Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told OH about the offer, so we went there for dinner tonight.
    I had meatballs, he had a ratatouille (sp) in a pepper with wild rice and the kids had pasta (with a free piece of fruit each as well). Not unhealthy at all.

fluffynit
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals