We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Letter from Aegis
sara86pink
Posts: 324 Forumite
I have never heard of this company but then again I have never been contacted from an outside party regarding debt before...
The letter is on behalf of MBNA (for my virgin credit card) and saying my overdue balance is £32.30.
This is because I have been paying my minimum payments 1 month behind since I was unemployed about a year ago and have never been able to catch up.
This month however, I'm less than £50 away from paying my minimum payment on time!
But, because of my late payments, it means my overall balance has been over my limit for about a year now and is finally down to just being £32.30 over.
Should I pay this £32.30 straight away to get my account to its limit?
But my problem is... If I pay this £32.30, I'm not going to have enough money to pay my minimum and therefore, even if I paid to bring my balance to its limit, because I will have missed my payment it will go straight back over.
My idea was to still get the extra money to pay the minimum and then if that hasnt got my account into its limit, then on pay day pay the extra to bring it up.
What do you guys think?
The letter is on behalf of MBNA (for my virgin credit card) and saying my overdue balance is £32.30.
This is because I have been paying my minimum payments 1 month behind since I was unemployed about a year ago and have never been able to catch up.
This month however, I'm less than £50 away from paying my minimum payment on time!
But, because of my late payments, it means my overall balance has been over my limit for about a year now and is finally down to just being £32.30 over.
Should I pay this £32.30 straight away to get my account to its limit?
But my problem is... If I pay this £32.30, I'm not going to have enough money to pay my minimum and therefore, even if I paid to bring my balance to its limit, because I will have missed my payment it will go straight back over.
My idea was to still get the extra money to pay the minimum and then if that hasnt got my account into its limit, then on pay day pay the extra to bring it up.
What do you guys think?
:j *~* 2011 - TRY TO GET CREDIT CARD AS LOW AS POSS BUT STILL HAVE FUN *~* :j
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards