Lean To Navigate.

Options
mcclim
mcclim Posts: 280 Forumite
Anybody interested, I did one of these course a few years ago and it was really good fun, I have removed the mobile Telephone numbers form the ad, if you are interested send me a PM and I will send them to you. This is a great way to learn how to read a map and a good way to get into motorsport..

Rallyschool press release 1.

Local Motor Clubs to join the party during National Motorsport Week

The UK's first ever National Motorsport Week will take place from 12-20 August 2006. Events will be held around the country to introduce a new audience to one of the most vibrant and exciting sports.

As part of the celebrations, Newry & District, Rathfriland and North Armagh Motor Clubs have got together and will be holding a special Rallyschool to encourage new competitors into the exciting world of Rallysport.

The course will be held over 5 weeks and will be based in Tandragee Golf Club, starting on Monday 28th August. Among the topics covered will be competing on Navigation Rallies, progressing on to Stage Rallies, Car preparation, Pacenotes, timing and everything you need to know to get you started.

Throughout the course, guest speakers will pop in and on the last night, a short rally will be organised for the pupils.

"This is a real easy way to get involved in rallying" says David McElroy (Newry & District MC) “It gives you a good understanding of the sport before getting involved on stage rallies, after all this is were Kris Meeke started off by map reading on navigation Rallies”.

The cost has been set at £20 per person (including maps, romers, and all teaching aids to get you started) this fee covers the clubs’ costs as we are trying to get people into the sport.

The National Motorsport Week initiative is designed to encourage new participants and spectators to experience Motorsport. The Motor Sports Association, UK motor sport’s governing body, will utilise its entire network of 700 member clubs, 34,000 licence holders and more than 10,000 volunteer officials.

For full details of the Rallyschool call:

David McElroy (Newry & District MC)

dmcelroy@cts-eur.com

Paul Biggerstaff (Rathfriland MC)

Paul.biggerstaff@tiscali.co.uk

Barry Taggart (North Armagh MCC)

btaggart@namcc.com

or email Rallyschool@hotmail.co.uk

Or reply to this email.

For more details on National Motorsport Week, please visit https://www.nationalmotorsportweek.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure