»

A History of the World in 100 Objects

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

A History of the World in 100 Objects

edited 28 January 2016 at 12:01PM in Freebies (no spend required)
8 replies 19K views
Pip26Pip26
2.4K posts
Forumite
edited 28 January 2016 at 12:01PM in Freebies (no spend required)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/

Download whole series free and view objects on line.

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Replies

• MINI_2MINI_2
    134 posts
    Forumite
    How do you download whole series free instead of just listening?
    Want to burn it onto CD to listen in the car........
  • kurgonkurgon
    877 posts
    Forumite
    click on the link that says download then go to the big green bit that says download by right clicking and save as........
  • ampersandampersand
    8.9K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it going to be available to buy from anyone/anywhere?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:[URL="tel:01274760720"]01274 760720[/URL], freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• It's available as a podcast in itunes :)
  • kurgon wrote: »
    click on the link that says download then go to the big green bit that says download by right clicking and save as........
    I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but i opened the link and could not see any 'download' button. can you please describe roughly where on the page it is. otherwise, fabulous, very, very interesting, that's why i'm so keen to download it
  • Thanks OP great freebie and it's available indefinitely :T
  • ZandermanZanderman
    2.7K posts
    Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    indigomoon wrote: »
    I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but i opened the link and could not see any 'download' button. can you please describe roughly where on the page it is. otherwise, fabulous, very, very interesting, that's why i'm so keen to download it

There is a link on the op's linked page to a download page - but it's not very obvious.

So to save you looking here's the link direct to the download page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/ahow/all
  • I highly rate this accessible and well made series. Good to see licence fee money has enabled it to be downloaded for free too.