re: food ideas

Options
Can anyone tell me where I can get info on meal planning and recipe ideas, please? I need to cut my monthly food bill from £385 to about £250
DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434

Comments

• southernscouser
    Options
    Ask on this board hun! :)

Apparently they are geniuses! :D
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Options
    Go to the Old Style board :)
  • amosworks
    Options
    Oooh beaten to it by the SS
    *Bows out*
  • southernscouser
    Options
    amosworks wrote:
    Oooh beaten to it by the SS
    *Bows out*

You've gotta be quicker than that round here sonny! ;)
  • amosworks
    Options
    Hehe actually MSE is royally !!!!ed up standards-wise, it doesn't work in a few of my browsers including Konqueror which is my main browser. I've got to use the quick reply box, then Go Advanced, then submit from there. It takes several moments to do, and with the ridiculous 30 second posting limit (YES, some of us type at 183wpm MSE!!) it slows you down and you get distracted doing something else then come back to this window and submit it by which time it's too late :rolleyes:

The thanks button is screwed too, and has been despite me telling the MSE webmaster about it AGES ago. TBH, it's patheticly poor. But hey, it's free :-| I guess free does sometimes mean sub-standard quality.
  • savvykaz
    savvykaz Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Thanx guys but how do I get onto the OS board?
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    Click on the link southernscouser already posted.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    click the blue link above :)

check out the "cheapest meal " thread and also black saturn has some cheap recipes on her threads

it can be done so

good luck :)
  • overbudget
    Options
    Click on Chat Forums on the left hand menu - you'll get a list of all the boards - scroll down to the Home, Work and Play section - then to the Money Saving Old Style .... or just click here!

Ooops - there we all go again posting at once! :)
    Highest Debt (July 06): £55117.79 Debt now: £52895.44 Debt Free Date: June 2010
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    what I do is a little table in Word of breakfast/lunch/dinner across the top in three columns, then seven rows deep for a weeks worth of meals. I then fill in all the blanks and make a strict list from that.

If i've got baked beans in the cupboard, I make sure they are on as lunch choices, then add a loaf of cheap bread to the list. It means that you only buy exactly what you need for 7 days and nothing else. Have a good nosey around your cupboards and use up the rice/pasta/lentils etc that might be lurking , you'll be amazed how much you save by using it all up.

You have to be strict with yourself not to pick up anything else on the way round, but you feel very virtuous when you go through the till and see the savings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure