IVA and Bank Charges

Options
I have recently claimed back £3200 from the Halifax in bank charges - I am currently in year 2 of an IVA. I have already commenced action with the Woolwich for £2200 and HSBC for £184 - the thing is HSBC and Woolwich are both of my creditors in the IVA. I have read conflicting stories both on her and on consumer website about my entitlement to reclaiming the charges.

Was wondering if there was anyone else out there thats in an IVA that has successfully or unsuccessfully claimed their charges whilst in an IVA.

I am filing my Woolwich claim at Moneyclaim online on Tuesday since it is the end of my 14 day letter before action period. My debts with the Woolwich were £900 - so in theory I would still be owed £1300 even if they wiped my debt. The HSBC is another story I owed them £12k so really in comparisson £184 isnt that much.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Comments

• james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    I've been told my Payplan that all charges claimed back have to go into the IVA. This is great if like me you have an extra 'lump sum' payment to find over the 5 years as this will come off. Otherwise there's not much point in making the claims. You should check with your IP, but be prepared for you having to lose all your refund!
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    I think that the OP wanted to know whether the creditors might get "snotty" and withdraw the IVA...
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    Noone can withdraw from an IVA. It's a legally binding agreement. DMPs are of course different and I'd think twice about claiming back charges if I was in one of those.
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills