How long does it take for a tax refund to come through?

Options
I am a teacher who has had to work as a supply. This time last year I was registered with 3 different agencies but only had a few days work so claimed JSA from June.
I got a long term supply post with one agency from September 2009 to the end of March 2010. During the Christmas holidays, I received my P45 from the agency who I had done previous long term work for and who held my tax code. I realised I was still on BR tax code with the agency I was working full time for.
I rang the tax office who told me to send copies of my P45s from my other agencies (and from JSA). I had already received the one for JSA so requested P45 from other agency. This was at the beginning of January and despite several phone calls and emails, I finally received it last week.

I sent all 3 P45s and the P60 from the agency for whom I had been working full time. How long does it usually take to process something like this? I realise each individual case is different but I would just like a general idea as I think it will be around £750 and I need it for a specific purpose.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport