not sure of procedure at Holiday Inn Glasgow

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
4 replies 882 views
ronald208ronald208 Forumite
84 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
I am going on holiday and am booked into the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport for the night I return.

I fly out at 16:30 and return 2 weeks later at 00:30.

I have 2 weeks parking then the night at the hotel, so when I arrive at the hotel do I park in the hotel car park and go into the hotel or do I park outside on the road and risk a ticket or am I allowed to park outside if I am going to the hotel.

I know that my car will be parked elsewhere, do I drive to the longstay car park or will someone else drive it there?

I usually do it the other way round, stay the night then early flight but this time the flight is in the afternoon.

Ronald

Replies

• stormbreakerstormbreaker Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best phone the hotel and ask?
  • it is an 0871 number that is why I thought I would ask on here to save the cost of the phone call.

I suppose I will have to phone them as no one on here seems to know.

Ronald
  • cazziebocazziebo Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ronald208 wrote: »
    I am going on holiday and am booked into the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport for the night I return.

I fly out at 16:30 and return 2 weeks later at 00:30.

I have 2 weeks parking then the night at the hotel, so when I arrive at the hotel do I park in the hotel car park and go into the hotel or do I park outside on the road and risk a ticket or am I allowed to park outside if I am going to the hotel.

I know that my car will be parked elsewhere, do I drive to the longstay car park or will someone else drive it there?

I usually do it the other way round, stay the night then early flight but this time the flight is in the afternoon.

Ronald

Is it the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express? Holiday Inn Express you just park in the car park - and I think your car stays there for the duration. Mine did.

The Holiday Inn - there isn't anywhere to park outside so I would park in the hotel car park (tiny and quite tight but you can usually squeeze in somewhere) and ask hotel reception. They might take your keys and repark the car. They won't charge guests for the hotel car park (we use it often for meetings and don't pay).

Have a great holiday!
  • It is the Holiday Inn and I know the car park is tiny that is why I am asking.

I usually stay at the Normanday before I go on holiday but this time the flight gets back at 00:30 and I got a deal with the Holiday Inn so I picked there.

Last time I came back at night and drove home it was not very pleasant so this time I decided to have a sleep before driving home.

Ronald
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals