Sunflower Oil Boiling Over Frothing, after so many Uses

Options
aboard_epsilon
aboard_epsilon Posts: 546 Forumite
edited 24 April 2010 at 7:54PM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
Not sure if this in the right section .it's more of a complaint ..than anything .about a product that could be made to last longer

Deep oil frying

frothing up overflowing etc

This didn't used to happen before .......it's been going on for the last 5 years or so ..

After the oil has been used about 10 times on different occasions ..before it even gets discoloured ......it boils over froths up when i try to cook with it ...this is now the new indication to me that i need new oil.

it boils over, not strait away, but after a min or so.

This definitely did not happen over five years ago .you could use the sunflower oil until it was black if you wanted......Not that, i did do that, much.

Are the manufacturers putting something in the oil, so that it only goes through so many cycles.
Has anyone else had this trouble ......or is it only me ......the only time this has happened before was with excessively wet chips...this is not that ! ..

It's now happens after about,10 cycles without fail...and carries on after until i change the stuff.. happens ..with, what ever i fry in it .

so...Has anyone else had this trouble ...as this fryer takes 6 litres and it's becoming ever more expensive to change oil..hance posting this here in this section ............and the mess when it does froth up is terible..its the mess I'm most bothered about!

It's a professional fryer .with the exposed element in the bottom of the tank..there is nothing wrong with the two stats ..and I'm using it at the right temperature and the food isn't wet or starchy and oil is at the right level ..if anything its lower after ten uses .

I'm just seeing if more of you have the same .
Looking forward to your replies .

all the best.markj

Comments

• Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some oil contains anti-foaming agents, a kind of silicone oil I think? Maybe you were using this before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure