'Jellybabygate' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's "Jellybabygate" Blog.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Old_Wrinkly
    Old_Wrinkly Posts: 5,182 Forumite
    I think MSE Guy deserves a 'right of reply'.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Jelly babies are lovely. Hard to resist when they are right under your nose. On offer at Tesco for 67p a bag too. Percy pigs from M&S are good too but not such a bargain. :-)
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE Guy is entitled to a right of reply - but he's probably too busy crunching kit kats the wrong way :D
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Well, it made us giggle in the office! The amount of times I've been sitting on hold for ages to some understaffed call centre and they choose to pick up the moment I stuff my face with something... but national radio - priceless!
    Target Cash Net Worth: £25K by January 2012
    Progress
    May-08
    19.0%; May-09 40.0%; May-10 63.0%; May-11 58.4%; Jun-11 58.5%; Jul-11 58.9%; Aug-11 58.7%; Sep-11 59.0%
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    "But in the same circumstances, with jelly babies under your nose, could you have refused?"

I truly hope I am never on national radio talking about the chaos caused by a volcano...if I ever were in that situation, I shall try and remember to not have a packet of jelly babies, nor any other tempting sweet within reaching distance.

Thanks for another piece of sound advice
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • irrelevant
    irrelevant Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jelly babies? Nope. Can't resist them.

My 3yo has left a pack here that her granddad bought her... she's going to have to finish them off real soon or there won't be any left!!
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So Martin can resist everything except temptation. tut tut...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • katthehat
    katthehat Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    lol great blog, i could refuse the orange one's, can't stand any orange sweets and don't know why, they all have a certain taste to them that i find awfull, if all sweets were orange i would leave them alone!! as they're not, i don't, so the answer is NO!!!!
    Kat :money:
  • Yes I could easily have resisted, I'm a vegetarian and jelly babies contain gelatine and cochineal.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    > In the post mortem afterwards MSE Guy rather churlishly refused to
    > accept responsibility for the entire incident. But in the same circumstances,
    > with jelly babies under your nose, could you have refused?
    Yes, I could have refused - I'd rather have these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure