We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
need a new washing machine 8 or more kilo load
Deals_2
Posts: 2,410 Forumite
quiet, fast wash and eco wash and ideally A rated for electrics and of course moneysaving on the old purse...any recommendations. what about Tesco.com? and then also get the points - obviously if they are competitively priced. thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
If you want quiet then look for LG washing machines , they don't have belts as the motor is fixed directly onto the drum.
We have this one - LG F1222TD5
You can hardly hear it running , it ticks all your other boxes too - 8kg load , quick 30 minute wash , choose from cold , 30,40,60 or 95 degree temperature washes.
Comes with a 10 year motor warranty and 2 years for the rest of the machine but this can be extended with LG to 4 years for £99.0 -
The LG one recommended in the previous post is about £300+ range but I've seen a Beko WME8227W which has 8 kg load, A+ rated for energy and wash and there are a few offers going on it for about £236, for example this one from Dixons, so you would be spending a fair bit less.
http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/beko-wme8227w-washing-machine-white-02620825-pdt.htmlShin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.
0 -
The LG I bought was to replace an 18 month old piece of junk Beko washer , it has had four different faults since the warrany ran out.
I know you can claim on the sale of goods act but I couldn't get an engineer to come out to give me a written report on the fault(s) and the retailer wouldn't budge without one so I just gave up and bought a new machine.
I'd never buy another Beko.0 -
I have the Beko WME7227W which is the same as the WME8227W posted earlier just 1kg less but the features are the same and it's the best washing machine I've ever owned. Would recommend Beko to anyone.Rare Disease Day28 February 2013 is Rare Disease Day.Raise awareness for patients, families and carers whose lives are affected by rare diseases worldwideUnited we are stronger0
-
from that dixons website.... as they also say "Do you have a discount code?" thought might be worth trying. thanks in advance.MoneySavingMakesMyDay wrote: »I have the Beko WME7227W which is the same as the WME8227W posted earlier just 1kg less but the features are the same and it's the best washing machine I've ever owned. Would recommend Beko to anyone.0
-
The only related discount codes for Dixons right now is this one, but your washing machine purchase doesn't meet the payment threshold unless you are buying other stuff from there:
3% off all orders over £349 when using Dixons Discount Voucher SAVE3.Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.
0 -
I'd 2nd LG. I bought a new one about two months ago. Best washing machine I have ever owned. I really can't fault it at all!!! Worth all of the £400 I paid for it.0
-
I have an LG http://www.appliancecity.co.uk/Product/LG/Washing_Machines/F1402FDS6/GoogleBase/
I paid under £500 by looking around for deals at the time.
Brilliant washing machine, I can cram loads into it. Lots of washing options, but most things go on the quick wash now, which washes perfectly ok.
It is very heavy though and we had to put it on a rug and slide it accross the tiled floor to get it into the cupboard where it lives.
You might need 2 of you to move it into place.I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 20100 -
Don't know if this link is any good - 8kg A rated machines
http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/laundry/washing-machines/freestanding/logixx/list.html
I have a Bosch normal capacity wm and was told you can def use a lot less powder. When I first got the machine the manual instructions said to put in powder and put on sixty degree wash to get rid of any grease in the drum. The amount of soap still in the final rinse water of the cycle showed that I could use less powder and I have done ever since and we are in a hard water area.
I know Currys did sell Bosch 8kg machines about a year ago so you may find them worth a look. Nth0 -
Come back in 5 years if the Beko is still running and then tell us whether you'd still recommend it.MoneySavingMakesMyDay wrote: »I have the Beko WME7227W which is the same as the WME8227W posted earlier just 1kg less but the features are the same and it's the best washing machine I've ever owned. Would recommend Beko to anyone.
Personally I'd only ever go for Bosch, LG or Miele if I could afford one.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards