We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Any one ever used Choicebrand website to make a purchase?

Hi has any one ever used Choicebrand website to make a purchase?

I had never heard of them before but thinking of making quite a big purchase from them, any one know if they are any good?

Also couldn't find them on the cashback sites I use, does any one know if they are on any other cashback sites I could join, if so please can you let me know which ones they are on, I am happy to let you refer me if I join.

Comments

  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    You realise that they're selling second hand goods? To be fair to them they do say 'factory reconditioned products' prominently on the front page of their website.

    Reviewcentre has some mixed opinions about them.

    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews166570.html
  • loobyloose
    loobyloose Posts: 256 Forumite
    Yes i have used them a few times, there stiff is refurbished.
    But check on ebay they also sell on there, i have picked up things a lot cheaper.
    :confused:
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,847 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I bought a kettle of them via Ebay & when it arrived it was faulty. I rang them & they said to chuck kettle & they would despatch a new kettle to me same day.

    Replacement arrived following day :T so would have no hesitation in recommending them as a customer friendly company.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

    I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • smurfet
    smurfet Posts: 165 Forumite
    Used this site to buy a tefal steam generator iron over 2 years ago would not hesitate to buy from them again. I received quick delivery, iron looked brand new and is still working perfectly.
  • Wildside
    Wildside Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    loobyloose wrote: »
    Yes i have used them a few times, there stiff is refurbished.
    But check on ebay they also sell on there, i have picked up things a lot cheaper.
    Thanks, I took your advise & checked them out on ebay, found the item I wanted listed on buy it now at same price as on their website but they also had it listed on auction so put in a bid and got it for less than £10 inc p&p (Item rrp for new is about £60 and refurbished one on their website £25) so huge thanks to you loobyloose for taking the time to post. :T:T:T:T
  • Wildside
    Wildside Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    cattie wrote: »
    I bought a kettle of them via Ebay & when it arrived it was faulty. I rang them & they said to chuck kettle & they would despatch a new kettle to me same day.

    Replacement arrived following day :T so would have no hesitation in recommending them as a customer friendly company.
    smurfet wrote: »
    Used this site to buy a tefal steam generator iron over 2 years ago would not hesitate to buy from them again. I received quick delivery, iron looked brand new and is still working perfectly.

    Thanks for posting cattie & smurfet, have purchased from them via ebay so great to know you both recommend them. I feel confident about my purchase after reading your posts.:T:T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.