We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
M&S Sofas v Sofa Sofa
Sexy_Legs
Posts: 286 Forumite
Hi everyone
Wondered if you can give me some advice.
I want to purchase a new sofabed and 2 seater sofa and have seen that M&S have 30% off until next week.
I have also looked as sofas at sofasofa which are also quite nice.
M&S include the swatch protection, and although still more expensive I wonder if they will be better quality.
Has anyone got experience of M&S Sofas, have you been happy with your purchases, or if you have gone with SofaSofa have you been happy with them.
I have done a google search, but negatives on both M&S and SofaSofa tend to be with deliveries or aftersales not actually quality of the sofas.
Any personal experiences miuch appreciated.
Sale at M&S is on until next Wednesday and SofaSofa have permanent Sale so want to finally make a decision LOL.
There is about 300-400 pounds in price difference so want to know its worth spending the bit extra. I am really thinking of M&S and their quality but not sure if it is the same with their furniture, their food is YUM YUM.
Thanks in advance guys and girls.
D
Wondered if you can give me some advice.
I want to purchase a new sofabed and 2 seater sofa and have seen that M&S have 30% off until next week.
I have also looked as sofas at sofasofa which are also quite nice.
M&S include the swatch protection, and although still more expensive I wonder if they will be better quality.
Has anyone got experience of M&S Sofas, have you been happy with your purchases, or if you have gone with SofaSofa have you been happy with them.
I have done a google search, but negatives on both M&S and SofaSofa tend to be with deliveries or aftersales not actually quality of the sofas.
Any personal experiences miuch appreciated.
Sale at M&S is on until next Wednesday and SofaSofa have permanent Sale so want to finally make a decision LOL.
There is about 300-400 pounds in price difference so want to know its worth spending the bit extra. I am really thinking of M&S and their quality but not sure if it is the same with their furniture, their food is YUM YUM.
Thanks in advance guys and girls.
D
0
Comments
-
Do search the forums if not already. There are some old threads with suggested alternatives.
I've included M&S in my trawl of sofabeds. Most had trampeling rather than slatted support and very thin mattresses, but a much better selection of colours & finishes. Even if you're intending to use it ocassionally, you may want something more substantial, or will need to add a mattress topper. I've put off buying one for the short-term, but I'm likely to buy one of medium/small sofa I've tested at John Lewis or one from the local Alston (UK made) stockists (see http://www.alstons.co.uk/index.html) - their stockists tend to be cheaper. They both offer either free or reasonable delivery charges and long guarantees.Free thinker.:cool:0 -
Hi
I have an M&S sofa and am really pleased with it - had it about 2 years and it still looks as good as new. My Brother has had a sofa from sofa sofa and it was awful - after a few weeks the cushions showed real signs of wear and he ended up getting rid of it !
Hope that helps a bit
Lilycat:hello: :hello: :hello: Remember - its nice to be nice !0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
