We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Magazine Subscription help

Hi - I wondered if any of you could help me. I am currently subscribed to Grazia Magazine, and have been for about 3 years. I want to try and get a startup Freebie again. Am I allowed to cancel my subscription, and then sign up again, to get a free gift with my subscription?
Any ideas and help would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks!
Ella

Comments

  • You should be able to cancel your subscription at any time. Simplest way is to cancel your direct debit.

    Then there is no reason why you can't start a new subscription and get the free gift.

    I used to subscribe to Auto Express magazine. 6 issues for £1. Once the £1 had been taken from my account I would cancel the direct debit. Once I'd received the 5 issue I would subscribe again for £1 and so on and so on. Sometimes there were gifts attached to the subscription, sometimes not.

    However, I did get black listed as I took up the trial offer 12 times in 2 years!! I was told (last April) that I couldn't take up the trial offer again for 12 months. I've just tried to subscribe again this week, so we'll see how it goes....
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES


    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]!!!!!![/EMAIL].
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.