Confused in Hatton Garden!

Options
I am looking to propose to my girlfriend in june and am currently looking for an engagement ring, after spending a few hours there I got really confused in who was reliable and who was not.

I heard about the 'far eastern platinum bands' that are floating around so each jewller I went to played me off the other lol

I am lookin to spend around 3k, its taken me ages to save for this which is why I need to know who the best people are too deal with around hatton gardens.

Please please help?...

Thanks in advance :money:

Comments

• serenawell
    serenawell Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    3k on an engagment ring , wish you were my boyfriend :)

Seriously, congrats !!!!
  • rene2b
    rene2b Posts: 827 Forumite
    Options
    hi congrats
    but please dont take this the wrong way but if my h2b paid that for my ring i wouldnt be ungreatful but id ask if i could take it bk and get a cheaper 1
    our friends have just got engaged and he gave her a blank chq that way they could shop together and she gets the ring she wants and you get to save a few £'s

it may just b me so please dont jump on me hahaha
    gud luck
  • heranaway
    heranaway Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2010 at 7:34PM
    Options
    serenawell wrote: »
    3k on an engagment ring , wish you were my boyfriend :)

Seriously, congrats !!!!

Thanks, im 27 now so it needs to be done lol
    rene2b wrote: »
    hi congrats
    but please dont take this the wrong way but if my h2b paid that for my ring i wouldnt be ungreatful but id ask if i could take it bk and get a cheaper 1
    our friends have just got engaged and he gave her a blank chq that way they could shop together and she gets the ring she wants and you get to save a few £'s

it may just b me so please dont jump on me hahaha
    gud luck

Thanks, we dont do wedding rings you see so we buy an engagement ring and thats also our wedding ring if that makes sense and being indian its all weird anway lol

Take it easy
  • morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know anything about Hatton Garden, sorry but my lovely H2B got my engagement ring from these people:

http://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/about.php

All certified and beautifully presented in a wooden jewellery box - I'm thrilled and everyone has been very complimentary :D
  • heranaway
    heranaway Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Bump please
  • TediousPhoenix
    Options
    Mine came from A&S. They've been in Hatton Garden for years and I'd recommend them. I have to say that when we looked there were a couple of jewellers we wouldn't have trusted as far as we could throw them. In the end we went back to A&S and got our wedding rings from there too.

If you want to spend £3k on a ring, have saved for it and you want it to be special, go for it. Some people want to, others don't. It doesn't make either party right or wrong, just that people are different.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    I am getting my wedding ring from John M Reynolds on Hatton Garden. They're hand making it to my design :D Really good service so far and lovely enthusiastic staff.

I got my engagement ring from Hamiltons, they were a bit cheaper than some other places but their diamonds aren't certificated
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills