We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Argos website and long house names issue
JamerMurray
Posts: 3 Newbie
I cannot purchase from the Argos website because my house has too many characters in it's name. Their address field just stops at about 14 characters and that's your lot!
I phoned their customer services who were very helpful regarding potential delivery issues but the simple fact is that I cannot enter my correct payment card billing address so no purchase can be made.
Oh yes, I can place my order over the phone but then special online offers and voucher codes don't apply, so it seems I'm doomed to having to pay more than I need to, simply because my house name is too long...
Anyone else had this issue and/or know a way around it?
I phoned their customer services who were very helpful regarding potential delivery issues but the simple fact is that I cannot enter my correct payment card billing address so no purchase can be made.
Oh yes, I can place my order over the phone but then special online offers and voucher codes don't apply, so it seems I'm doomed to having to pay more than I need to, simply because my house name is too long...
Anyone else had this issue and/or know a way around it?
0
Comments
-
Can you refer to your house by number, road, etc or do you have to use the house name? What is the house name btw? Can you abbreviate it?0
-
neilmcl - Thanks for your interest.
The name of my house is 'High Mill Hill Cottage' and there is no number. I do buy quite a lot of stuff online and never have this issue at other websites!0 -
split the name onto 2 address lines0
-
can you run the house name into the next line where the road is?
I sometimes put 1 instead of my house name on forms because it's a country lane & the postman knows me, but I haven't tried it with a credit card match.
It's crazy though I hope Argos are reading this.0 -
That's crazy, they should be using at least 30 characters (50 chars if using the full PAF format) for a house name field. What happens when you enter your postcode and click on the Find Address button?JamerMurray wrote: »neilmcl - Thanks for your interest.
The name of my house is 'High Mill Hill Cottage' and there is no number. I do buy quite a lot of stuff online and never have this issue at other websites!0 -
Try the Find Address button.
Put in your post code and first part of house name, when you click the button you get a dropdown list to chose from possible options - these options can be longer than 14 characters.
Check with the post office what your address is, may be they have the house name different to what it is.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
