We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Comet Multisave
samshep
Posts: 5 Forumite
Just something I came across by chance recently - if you shop online with comet they have a multisave discount option - basically certain white goods are eligible for this, and if you're doing up a kitchen (as I am at the moment) and need to buy say, a dishwasher, fridge and cooker, you can add them to the multisave list, suybmit it to comet who then email you with a revised price list - I got £1090 down to £700 this way. I know it's a big company with lots of criticisms on these forums, but it's still rather handy. It also means that you canb do things like get the same make of item so they match in your kitchen rather than getting lots of bits and pieces.
The link is usually hidden way down the page on the right hand side of the product information - so you may not see it imediately. There's a minimum of three items as well. But good, as I say, for doing up your kitchen.
The link is usually hidden way down the page on the right hand side of the product information - so you may not see it imediately. There's a minimum of three items as well. But good, as I say, for doing up your kitchen.
0
Comments
-
Yes I have seen other similar stores getting on to this trend, I think it was Laskys that is also doing the multisave thing - the only reservation I have is that it isn't made clear from beforehand as to how much potential saving there is - it doesn't have to be an exact figure but if your discount of £390 is anything to go by, then anything like '25% + off' would attract a lot more attention.Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.
0 -
yes have seen this but still think i saved alot more looking around on the price comparsion sites with the model no.s overall plus comet will not sell all of what i wanted here are the items they did.
bosch slimline dishwasher paid £300 comet price was £400 saved £100
bosch undercounter fridge paid £238 comet price was £329 saved £70
bosch tall freezer paid £500 comet price was £650 saved £150
overall saved £320 on these 3 items alone, all delivered all diff companys and for instant the freezer was delivered straight from bosch themselves so hasnt been sat around for ages.
all the companys where good service and good delivery when they supposed to turn up. I would personally get the quote from comet but not agree then and there and check the model nos on price comparison sites like www.pricerunner.co.uk , www.dealtime.co.uk , and www.kelkoo.co.uk
then work out the best deal.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards