We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Anniversary Ring

I need to go out and buy the wife an anniversary present tomorrow, and would love some advice!

She wants a ring, white gold, possibly eternity (?). I have only about £100 to spend as I'm still out of work (redundancy last year). It's our 5th anniversary.

Any suggestions for either places to buy, or even specific rings? I live in Birmingham, and the date it's needed for is the 14th!

Cheers!
«1

Comments

  • hi, have a look at cash covertors and shops like that might find a bargain there.buy from a cash back site so you can spend more but the cash back might make it more avalible.you old romantic !
    mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
    mother of the bride September 2014 :love:
    Turning a house into a home :o
    What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it's all about ?
  • Haru
    Haru Posts: 99 Forumite
    Argos has quite a lot of reasonably priced rings in white gold :)
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Go to the Jewellery Quarter!
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • Tripledrop
    Tripledrop Posts: 334 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did think about the jewelery quarter, but figured it'd be more expensive?
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Tripledrop wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did think about the jewelery quarter, but figured it'd be more expensive?

    It's significantly cheaper than retail prices ;)
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • Tripledrop
    Tripledrop Posts: 334 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'll definitely have to go down there tomorrow... Any suggestions of decent shops?
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Tripledrop wrote: »
    I'll definitely have to go down there tomorrow... Any suggestions of decent shops?

    There are loads. Just have a wander and look around until you see something you like.
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    hope you get something, i am hoping for a ring for my 10th anniversary on the 29th not an eternity though as have already got one, bought my hubby a personalised number plate
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • aimee21j
    aimee21j Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Get down to Newey's in Birmingham JQ.
  • Tripledrop
    Tripledrop Posts: 334 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll post the results (hopefully) 2moro! Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.