We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Timings on the day...

Options
Hi Everyone

This isn't something that I was planning on having to think about yet but today I rang to ask about booking the registrar and surprisingly they said I could book it now so I did but being put somewhat on the spot, I said 2:30pm for the time. Now I'm not sure if this allows enough time for everything before the evening reception as I don't really know how long everything will take throughout the day.

We are having a civil ceremony, wedding breakfast for 16 people and an evening party for around 120, if we have the ceremony at 2:30 will this allow enough time for the meal and photo's,drinks, speeches etc before the night do which I guess will be about 7ish or 730?

I haven't a clue so any advice or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:o
xxx
:love:11th March 2010- Got engaged to my amazing fiance, planning our wedding for 2012:love:

Comments

• frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am getting married at 3.30pm, we are then having arrival drinks and photos, sitting down to grub about 4.45pm and looking to start evening do at 7.30pm. The venue suggested timings, as the actual service is not very long! So 2.30pm will be fine!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We're having ours at 2.30 aswell. And we're having welcome drinks, sit down meal and speeches etc before evening do. I think thats quite a common time as its what the venue suggested.
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Had my wedding at 2pm, civil ceremony. We allowed 30mins for ceremony, 30/45mins for photos and 20mins for drive back to Hotel for sit down meal. A further 20 mins for guests to have an arrival drink and natter, seating for meal at 4pm. Evening guests were asked to arrive between 7/7.30 and evening buffet was opened at 9pm. HTH.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • undercover_angel
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone, very helpful!

I think 2.30 will be fine then, phew! It really took me by surprise when she asked me what time as I honestly thought she would ask me to ring back next year to book the registrar as the wedding isn't for another 2.5 years! I thought I had ages to think about times.

At least the registrar and venue are both booked now and I can relax and not worry about anything for a while.

Thanks again. x
    :love:11th March 2010- Got engaged to my amazing fiance, planning our wedding for 2012:love:
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You'll have plenty of time. My first wedding was at 3pm, church do. We had the ceremony, quite a bit of photo time at the church, OH and me then drove to a local lake place for more photos, back for wedding breakfast for 70 and were still comfy before a separate evening do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure