We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hen Night at the Glee Club

Options
Hi everyone
I wondered if any of you knows anyone who has had their hen night at the Glee Club?
It's where I want to have mine but have heard a couple of horror stories abut them being really awkward with single sex groups. They say on their website they have a behaviour policy and if the group consists of more than 15 each person will need to pay a £15 deposit. This shouldn't be an issue because I think there will be about 14 coming.

The main reason i'm concerned is because my BM's workmate went to the one in Brum on a hen night and had terrible problems, she said they could tell from the moment they got there they were not welcome and had a nightmare getting their deposts back.

My BM has called them today and spoken to the manager who was really off with her, he lectured her about the behaviour he expects etc etc.
I'm a 39 year old woman who knows how to act responsibliy but i'm really worried we're going to have hassle or even worse get turned away.
I wondered if anyone on here knows anything?

Thanks Chris

Comments

• Alyssa_C_2
    Alyssa_C_2 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    I would say if they are going to be like that Herbie then tell them to jog on and go somewhere your business is welcome! Rude people!:mad:
    Had issues with a venue like that that seemed very rude at two points of contact so I have no intention of giving them my business!
  • Herbiecat
    Herbiecat Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    Thats what Sarah my BM wants to tell them esp when the bloke was so rude to her earlier. Thing is I really want to go there and can't think of anywhere else I want to go to, i'm not a clubby person and wanted to do something a bit different. Its also not to expensive, wheres a night away would be.

Oooh I don't know what to do lol
  • Alyssa_C_2
    Alyssa_C_2 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    Is there anywhere in your area you can go and do something like chocolate making or something during the day and then have nice classy meal and maybe go to a nice bar after? No way would that schmuck get my money! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure