Here i go again, my must stay on track and not be a lazy moo diary.

Options
Decided to start a new diary as i sort of lost the flow with my last one and stopped posting, mainly because i thought i'm ok i can do this and here i am back up sh*t creek, i have 1 paddle, hence going round in circles.
Money is not great at the moment we seem to be just hanging on and getting by every month, we did have a little money to spare every month but got back in the habit of its ok put it on the card or i will get it out of the next directory and pay it off when i get the statement (yeah right).
So as you can guess we have got a bit slack, used cards etc and now have around £4000 in debt:eek: and no spare cash really as we are paying it off the debt:mad:, can't believe we have been so stupid we were debt free for goodness sake. I have also been lazy i stopped meal planning, stopped shopping list, just chucked anything we fancied in the trolly and have ended up putting on weight:eek: thanks to this, general budgeting went out the window, i stopped doing as many surveys and ebaying.

A little about me i'm 31, married to my almost fab, not quite housetrained hubby, I have 2 great kids, i work part time and we live oop north

Ok So this week has been a new start, yesterday the lovely postie brought me a bottle of bleach and dishwasher tabs to test, at the weekend i made £72 on ebay which was going to be spent on paying debts, but we decided to spend it on dd bedroom, basically the plaster is dropping off the walls and ceiling and as hubby can plaster, we decided to buy the materials to do her room, he also found a big can of cream emulsion in the loft, so at least i don't need to buy paint when its done.

Yesterday i spent meal planning have done 3 weeks worth of meals from what we have already in, will need to buy milk,fruit and veg, my MIL now has chickens which means we now get free eggs:j. i also did quite a bit of cooking yesterday, had some left over beef casserole from sunday so turned that into a meat and tattie pie for tea last night and it was very yummy, made a batch of bolognaise sauce up that went into freezer, made a choccie trifle, made choc sponge for it and used left over custard from night before and made it choccie custard by adding cocoa powder, that was also very yummy, made extra sponge and topped with icing for snacks for kids and hubby, made choc chunk cookies, ds was given a lindt rabbit for easter he bit a chunk off it and decided he did'nt like lindt choccie so i was very good and instead of me eating it:) i smashed it up and made it into cookies which the little darling ate quite happily;), I also fried off some bacon, mushrooms and leeks that needed using and froze them and will use these in a quiche at a later time.
I also went through the budget, updated it as council tax and water has gone up, we should be comfortable really, but its the spending on things like takeaways, not meal planning and generally just buying on a whim which has turned things upside down, time to be strict with ones self.

So today i need to pay next and very, post ebay parcels and drop some items that are not sellable on ebay to the charity shop. Need to buy brown paper and parcel tape as i have run out, also need to go to Tesco for bread, foil,breakfast cereal and plain flour.

Comments

• macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    miemie wrote: »
    I have also been lazy i stopped meal planning,

Yesterday i spent meal planning have done 3 weeks worth of meals from what we have already in, will need to buy milk,fruit and veg, my MIL now has chickens which means we now get free eggs:j. i also did quite a bit of cooking yesterday, had some left over beef casserole from sunday so turned that into a meat and tattie pie for tea last night and it was very yummy, made a batch of bolognaise sauce up that went into freezer, made a choccie trifle, made choc sponge for it and used left over custard from night before and made it choccie custard by adding cocoa powder, that was also very yummy, made extra sponge and topped with icing for snacks for kids and hubby, made choc chunk cookies, ds was given a lindt rabbit for easter he bit a chunk off it and decided he did'nt like lindt choccie so i was very good and instead of me eating it:) i smashed it up and made it into cookies which the little darling ate quite happily;), I also fried off some bacon, mushrooms and leeks that needed using and froze them and will use these in a quiche at a later time.

Think you've made up for it Miemie! :eek: I've got palpitations after reading through that! :rotfl:

Happy new diary, everyone slips off the bandwagon from time to time. You've done it once and you'll do it again :)
  • miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mac and thanks for posting.
    Well went to Tesco and ended up spending £35, naughty me but i did get lots of whoops items including a hugh joint of gammon.

Ebay items posted off, still need to post a load more tommorrow.
  • miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, very cloudy here and looks like its going to rain, could do with a bright sunny day as i've loads of washing and don't want to use the tumble dryer and i don't want to put heating on, i can hang a few bits on airer in front on log burning stove, but i've loads of towels to get dry:mad:.

Well i'm sat here with hair dye on hope it turns out ok, usual go to the hair dressers but decided not to to save money, hopefully it will turn out ok.

Today i must post more ebay parcels, pay the bills that never got paid yesterday, put gammon in slow cooker and have a general tidy up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure