We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Young Bridesmaid present.. Pre-wedding

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for a present to give to our young bridesmaid - bit of background info first -
we are getting married June next year, and have asked my OH youngest cousin to be bridesmaid, she is 9 at the moment and never have been one before. They live in eastbourne and we are based in essex, so we will not be seeing them regulary (i have actually never met her) so there wont be all the excitment and hype of having all the fittings etc with us all.
I have told her some of the bits we have planned all ready and she is so excited, and apparently been telling everyone and anyone who will listen it all at least twice! lol.

We will be getting a present for the actual day - but i would love to get her something to send in the post to make her feel really special with it all. I have had a quick look online and all the books have bits for all the dress fitting dates, etc to be added - which due to locations as i said before wont be happenening.

Does anyone have any ideas of something that i could send her please? wracking my brains and just cant think of a thing!!!

thanks in advance! xx
:heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!

Comments

• jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what about a bangle or necklace, something she can wear on the day?
  • Phyzelda
    Phyzelda Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You sound in a similar position to what I was. I live in Oxfordshire, Bridesmaid live in York. They've never been bridesmaids either.

So I sent them each one of theses http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2336239.htm

Yes ok they maybe cheap, but the girls love them, and I've told their parents that the girls can wear them whenever there want, there's no worries about them getting damaged etc. Apparently the girls were so excited.

Their mum has also said that if I find the dresses I like down here, she'll take them to a dress shop near her, get them to try them on and send me pictures just so that they get to join in the dress hunting. She will also bring them down to me, but thought it would be nice to take them to different shops to try dresses on

Good luck!!!
  • Dizzie77
    Dizzie77 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Could you do a sort of scrap book type thing? and each week (or fortnight/month) write to her and include the things you have done for the wedding -
    e.g "this week, I went to X shop with my mum to look for a wedding dress"
    "This week, I chose my colours, they are going to be X and X" and include pictures and colour charts for her to add to her scrap book? That way the present is ongoing, and she will look forward to your letters when you can send them.
    Why does nobody say Thank You anymore??:mad:
    Debt Free as of September 2011 :j
    Sealed Pot 2009 number 334 - £100 Saved! yey!!
    Sealed Pot 2010 number 334 - £116.51 Saved! Yey!! YIPPEE!!
  • hunnycat
    hunnycat Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    is she too old for a doll? I got my daughter one of these :http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PERSONALISED-BRIDESMAID-FLOWER-GIRL-DOLL-LOVELY-GIFT_W0QQitemZ280489820282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET?hash=item414e7f007a

they sent me a sample of the colours which matches my colour perfect and i had her name and flowergirl on it as the text :) Its been posted so should get it today:j
    would love to win an ipad!
    A-Z Challenge - ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  • curlylou1986
    curlylou1986 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help :o)
    a necklace is lovely, but me and OH have said we would buy a jewlery item for all of the bridesmaids as their present on the day, so think i may hold back from that idea for now, but they are lovely necklaces anyway....mind may change! lol.
    i was also going to get her a scrap book and give to her on the day...hmm, though i do really like the idea about sending her letters, even if i do talk to her online every now and again.
    We have decided we are going to go down to see them later on in the year when things are progressing more which will be good.
    think i might get a card and send it to her letting her know what i will be doing over the next year (get her mum in on it too)

Also hunnycat thanks for the link to the doll - am def going to be getting one of those for my little flower girl as she will be 3 at the time, so that will be perfect! they are really cute!!

thankyou all for your help :o)
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport