why do i feel so skint

Options
hi i have been having this problem for a few years now and i am feed up with it i have at the moment 110 in my bank 60.00 cash and 90.00 to come again on wednesday and every wedsnday after that all i have to pay out of this is fags but i feel like i havent got anymoney even though i have the kids want to go to the seaside this week i dont want to pay for it as i fell i dont have enough even though i do i wont save the money and it gets spent in the end on rubbish but i allway do this any ideas why
if i spend the money i will be in a bad mood but im not happy with the amount i would have to take 80.00 out of the bank to spend on a day trip am i just tight i would happly spend it on a takeaway i dont understand why i am like this but i am honestly sitting here thinking i havent got enough money to go
its not like the kids havent been this year they have six times so far and they have been out doing other things to its not just the seaside my oh wants me to give him 50 to pay to fix his air con i feel this is a waste of 50.00 as the car still works out the air con but the weirdest thing of all is if i was using credit the air con would be fixed the kids would have gone for a week and i wouldnt of worried at all as it wasnt my money paying for it why am i like this
i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing

Comments

• dave318
    dave318 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Two reasons jump out at me. Fags and Takeaways. Bin both and give yourself more money. and stop spending it on rubbish.

Set yourself a few challenges
    1 - try to cut down the fags, (don't know how much you smoke but every little helps). Try to give up if poss. Patches are free from your doctor.

2 - Set yourself a budget for the week, try not to go over it.

3 - Try to have a few days where you don't spend any money. I went nearly two weeks recently with the same fiver in my pocket.

4 - If you have money left, why waste it. Save it up for a few weeks and use that for the treats. Don't spend it on rubbish then have nothing left for a treat or day out.

5 - Air con, summer is nearly over and it wastes petrol. Don't fix it. (unless you are selling the car)

6 - Get a piggy bank and put away those savings rather than waste them. It will soon mount up.

7 - No credit cards, loans or overdrafts to pay off. I am sure if you do, they can always do with coming down.

Good luck
    Debt at worst: £33000
    Debt now: £0, (Ok, a £650 overdraft)
    £3000 Credit card (aiming to get this down with 0% card)
  • kate1976
    kate1976 Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    Options
    I can't really add much to Dave's post but just wanted to say chin up and if you like you can give me your money (so I can add it to my £6.44 in the bank and £3.27 in my purse;) ) so you don't have to torture yourself like you are doing!!:D

Keep smiling!
    Kate
    xxx
    :Axxx
    "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather
    and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

Stay safe, stay sane, stay smiley!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing