PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How to Clean wicker/Cane

Options
Help needed Thanks

Comments

• highland
    highland Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to remember hearing something about using talcum powder and a paintbrush to clean wicker , just done a search http://www.refinishfurniture.com/cleanwicker.htm
    HTH
  • kittycat07
    kittycat07 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    I've been storing my veg in a wicker-type basket - but obviously didn't do a proper clean out of it last wekk - when I emptied it today there were some manky carrots which have leaked yukky juice everywhere.

Some of it's gone through the basket so I want to make sure it's all clean so it doesn't smell. Do any of you lovely people have any ideas on the best way to clean it?:confused:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.refinishfurniture.com/cleanwicker.htm

hth

If you can get some hessian sacks make a good liner if you're storing veg in them which can then be washed if any spills.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Stardrops, a little bleach and a scrubbing brush???????????????? Scrub inside and outside the basket then put it out in the sun to dry.........in future put a cloth lining in that you can wash.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport